DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS
Friday, February 15, 2019
Call for Speaker Proposals
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Midnight on Friday, February 15, 2019
Become a Speaker!
We are currently seeking a diverse range of pro-bono presenters to share leading-edge ideas, inspire enlightening discussions and convey the fundamentals of effective volunteer engagement. Speakers receive recognition via the conference website and promotional materials and complimentary conference registration, including breakfast and lunch.
Presentations should align with one of the following #TVMC19 conference tracks: Inspired Recruitment • Strategic Retention • Persuasive Communication • Confident Leadership
Sample topics of interest for our audience might include: measuring volunteer impact, volunteer management fundamentals, building corporate partnerships, understanding today’s volunteers, collaboration, managing change, resolving conflict, effective storytelling, time management, interviewing techniques, developing a leadership role, fostering internal support, personal growth, handling problem volunteers, understanding risk management, and more.
Speaker Selection Process and Criteria:
Our speaker selection process is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Proposed topic, relevance and value to the volunteer management profession
- Overall presentation must be solution-oriented and resource directed
- Content must be clear, practical and useful for those who work with volunteers
- Interactive presentations are a MUST. Session format should include participant engagement and activities such as: skill building, interactive discussions, and takeaways
- Speaker’s credentials and subject matter expertise
- Public speaking experience at professional conferences, seminars and workshops
Speakers will be notified via email if the proposal was accepted or declined by March 15, 2019.
For more information, contact Julie Donovan, TVMC Program Chair, at email@example.com.