DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS
Friday, February 21, 2020
Call for Speaker Proposals
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Midnight on Friday, February 21, 2020
Become a Speaker!
We are currently seeking a diverse range of pro-bono presenters to share leading-edge ideas, inspire enlightening discussions and convey the fundamentals of effective volunteer engagement. Speakers receive recognition via the conference website and promotional materials and complimentary conference registration, including breakfast and lunch.
Envisioning Your Success
- Respect, communicating worth, personal and professional development
Focus on People
- Soft skills, conflict, firing, staff expectations, and collaboration
A Look at Recruitment and Retention
- Purposeful and meaningful techniques and best practices
Spotlight on Planning
- Program design, metrics, strategic planning, workload and implementation
Sample topics of interest for our audience might include: measuring volunteer impact, volunteer management fundamentals, building corporate partnerships, understanding today’s volunteers, collaboration, managing change, resolving conflict, effective storytelling, time management, interviewing techniques, developing a leadership role, fostering internal support, personal growth, handling problem volunteers, understanding risk management, and more.
- Workshops run approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes in length
- Presentations are slated for the following time frames:
- Thursday May 14th Afternoon sessions begin - 3:15PM end 4:30PM
- Friday May 15th Morning sessions begin – 10:00AM end 11:15AM
- Friday May 15th Afternoon sessions begin – 1:00PM end 2:15PM
- Each presenter will be assigned a room host for introduction and assistance
- Presenters should provide their own handout materials for participants, if needed
- TVMC is unable to compensate speakers or provide reimbursement for expenses
Speaker Selection Process and Criteria:
Our speaker selection process is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Proposed topic, relevance and value to the volunteer management profession
- Overall presentation must be solution-oriented and resource directed
- Content must be clear, practical and useful for those who work with volunteers
- Interactive presentations are a MUST. Session format should include participant engagement and activities such as: skill building, interactive discussions, and takeaways
- Speaker’s credentials and subject matter expertise
- Public speaking experience at professional conferences, seminars and workshops
Speaker Notification Process:
Speakers will be notified via email if their proposal was accepted or declined on or before Monday, March 2, 2020. Accepted speakers will be provided with session title, date and time and are required to confirm acceptance.
If selected to speak, the information you provide on this form will be used in conference promotional materials, including, but not limited to, the conference program and website. The TVMC2020 Conference Committee reserves the right to edit your presentation title, presentation description, and/or your biographical sketch as necessary, taking care not to alter the intended meaning.
To be considered as a presenter for TVMC2020Vision, please complete the speaker form linked at the top of this page and submit it to TVMC Program Chair, Kim Pinter at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on Friday, February 21, 2020